Speakerboxes turned into Nightstands
 |
| Before |
 |
| As the paint dries... |
 |
| Paint drying in the background and the black base color in front. Made the two in stages! |
 |
| Finished product with the glass knob on front! |
 |
Next to our bedding!
|
With a week off work, there is no telling what crafts I will get myself into. However, I have to keep my mind focused. I have wanted to refinish these speakerboxes that my Dad made well over 40 years ago, but hadn't had the time or energy until now. I was So excited about this project. I wanted a teal color and I wanted crackle and I prayed it would all work out and look good in the room... just found the color I wanted and bought it and painted. I love being spontaneous like that. Glad this project turned out well.
It was such a pretty night compared to the HOT and HUMID summer nights that have kept us inside recently, that Adam even came out and "supervised" me. He was on the computer looking at tennis techniques and I was painting away, relaxing more with each stroke of the brush. It was nice to have him beside me as I worked, I felt so comfortable and at ease. Welp, that was before the yellow jacket came around. I had to put the project on hold for a bit until the sun went down and he went away, but quickly finished up. Proud owner of my new nightstands! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment