 |
| Playing with Loah! |
This was the first year Adam and I came to the annual OBX vacay as a married couple! It was so special to see Adam interact with my family and start to get to know them better. He even learned cribbage for me, even if it was during the golf tournament he wanted to watch. (our family go-to game... it gets more and more competitive with each new game...) Our Christmas in July was a success and even though we missed the fireworks show, Shawn saved the night and played fireworks on the computer for the kids to see. Adam and Shawn were on the same team for the golf tourney and were beat by Uncle Mark and Dad. They were glowing and gloating for the rest of the day... "the old guys won!" I was able to go on a daddy-daughter date and hit up the driving range with dad, getting tips and hitting the balls straight for 120 yds. My dad is so encouraging... he said if I can do that consistently I can play any course I want to... hah, this may take awhile.... but it sure was fun to be with him and whack some balls out on the range. The weather was beautiful and the water was warm! We learned the game "Kube" and had an audience by the afternoon.
 |
| Pearce helping me dry my hair... |
Small thanksgivings...


-Pearce's laughter
-Loah's smile (you have to catch it- its quick!)
- seeing Adam play with the kids (and grayson)
- telling Gramma that I work with moms and babies (over and over again)
- having fabulous dinners, and desserts, and snacks, AND drinks, still stuffed from all the goodness.
- Aunt Joni's homemade salsa... needs a line of its own.
- havin Deb steal my christmas gift and then having GRAMMA steal my movies during Christmas... MOVIES?!?! and GRAMMA?!?! the best part was that just before Deb was cracking on us being the younger generation who aren't as pure of Christians and who steal in the gift exchange. no doubt a minute later, Gramma steals my movie trilogy. zig zingaaaaaa Gramma. you got us again.
overall it was a FABULOUS trip and a much needed vacation, just too short as always. welp, here's to 2012 Stinson Beach Vacay!
No comments:
Post a Comment