We closed on our house on March 26th and as you can tell... it's been a little busy since then. Posting all of this in April just makes the excitement prolonged and fun to see all the before pictures again. We have quite a few more finished touches and projects i've been working on, but these were taken a few days after we unpacked boxes. Adam said it looks like we've already been here a year... I told him... "You. Just. Wait." Moving places every year or so in college and switching rooms before us moving in the condo and getting married was exhausting. It is wonderful to be able to nail things in the wall without worrying about filling the hole later or thinking about taking curtain rods down. What a relief.
I have loved being able to decorate and settle in and have every odds and ends in their places... and as y'all know me... that is ESSENTIAL to my stress and energy level. My favorite project to date was painting the rocking chairs purple. Everyone questioned this color, but I KNEW that was what I wanted and I must say, they DO make a statement!
Feeling at home and settled is just a comfort for Adam and I and the Lord has shown us a lot of mercy in this. The mortgage process had a few bumps along the way, but in all, we have been very fortunate to have it gone so smoothly. Our parents and friends have been so supportive and encouraging and knowledgeable during the process, we have a lot to be thankful for!
It has been great for me and Adam to sit and dream and know that we are going to be living here for the next few years with hopefully quite a few milestones. Sitting on the back deck and looking at the little kids playing on the playground behind us... that could be us in years. We have enjoyed the 'open area' for our frisbee field and in June... the place where our puppy will play!!! :)
Making dinner in the new kitchen is a dream. Even though the cabinets have some good organization to go... its a blast to have work space and cleaning space and space for my stuff when I come home from work, etc.
In all, we have loved moving and meeting our neighbors and just walking down the street saturday nights to hang out. I dont consider this move just lucky, I consider it a true blessing from the Lord. He has protected us, provided for us, and encouraged us the whole way. I cannot wait to see what plans he has for us... the gatherings we are able to host here as well as all the memories made. Housewarming party to come soon! :)
 |
Love everything!! And you FINALLY got your purple rocking chairs!!! Woohoo!!!
ReplyDelete