20 Things I loved about our anniversary weekend...aka EVERY moment.
1. The drive to the beach was beautiful as seen as below. The sun was shining, the music was good, and the traffic was light. I was able to arrive on thursday morning and spend some good Shannon time at the beach without distractions.
2. Starting a new novel I’ve been SO excited about reading! When I finish, you’ll want to borrow it! :)
3. The beach and the weather was AMAZING. The water was chilly, but the sun was warm. Glorious.
4. My favorite bridge on the Currituck Club at Dusk. Running past it!
5. My mom and I had a nice dinner out Friday night before getting Adam from the airport. This was my portobello mushroom, red pepper, crispy spinach, and crab-on-top meal drizzled with delish balsalmic. YUM YUM YUM.
6. I dont have a picture from this... be glad I dont... but I did LOVE driving to get Adam from the airport. It was through the country of eastern NC and VA to Norfolk and although it was quite dark at times and stormy, my mom kept me awake and I drove to get my love. His flight got in at 11:40 and my mother kindly drove with me... two hours there, waited for Adam for another hour and two hours back. We were exhausted by the end of it, but Adam arrived, we brought him to the house and we all crashed before the real anniversary weekend began with the groom now arrived. My dad was asleep at 830 that night, in preparation for their golf tourney the next day. Surprisingly, they played really well on Saturday despite my dad feeling a little under the weather and Adam being REALLY tired from his first sales trip and traveling all day friday. So proud of them!
7. Running past my favorite hole on the course... the seventh hole view of the sound. Yes, I stopped to take this picture!
8. Time on the beach with my mom as the men golfed. (and yes, I got burned... just because it’s May doesnt mean the 80 deg. weather cant harm your skin). ouch.
![]() |
| Grayson buried his head under my chair for shade. |
9. Cinco de Mayo on Saturday... homemade Margaritas!!! We tried a different variety, but the typical top-shelf was the best, so we made two batches. I snuck this picture before the thunderstorm rolled in on Saturday night. We enjoyed these before we had a Steak dinner and celebrated Adams biggest sale to date that he made while on his sales trip!!! SO PROUD OF YOU BABY!!!!
10. I introduced my mother to pinterest, set up her account, and made these nutty/dark chocolate goodies for our snacks. Great mother-daughter time!
11. Sunday night, we made amazing fish tacos for dinner and then made “Grasshoppers” with my parents... aka Mint milkshake HEAVEN. We drank these and played an intense game of Rage. :)
Creme de Menthe and Creme de Cacao and Vanilla Ice cream. DONE.
|
12. The SUPER Moon sunday night... Thank goodness I wasn’t working. Pictures can’t do it justice. It was lot and yellow and bright and every crevice could be seen. Adam made the snide comment that you could even see the American Flag on it. BAH.
13. Walks/runs with Grayson. I just love him.
14. My mom getting out our Wedding decor for dinner Saturday and Sunday nights. :) She’s sentimental like me.
15. Adam and my father winning the golf tournament that weekend. :) Adam trying out new drivers so he can buy one with the winnings.
16. When I drove into the Currituck Club, I teared up. We have not been here in awhile and just the sight of the house made me tear up with joy. SO many special memories here.
17. Adam climbed his first lighthouse on Monday, our real anniversary. I LOVED looking over the edge and seeing it all, but he stayed fairly close to the center.. it was a REALLY windy day!!!
![]() |
| EEE hello wind! |
![]() |
| on the calmer side of the lighthouse |
18. The Views from the Lighthouse were unbelievable!
![]() |
| The small steeple in the middle is the Corolla Chapel! |
![]() |
| The Whalehead Club and gazebo... great pictures taken here a year ago! |
![]() |
| The Lightkeepers house and the sound in the background! |
![]() |
| The ocean was choppy with all that wind. |
![]() |
| The sun was bright! |
![]() |
| No more newlyweds. :) We have a year under our belt! |
19. Adam and I went out to a special lunch at a family-favorite spot we’ve never treated ourselves to... North Banks. For lunch, it was more reasonably priced, and we got steamed shrimp and clams and good beer and an appetizer of buffalo tuna bites of course. Too tempting to pass up! It was great to have some alone time and fill up our bellies before the drive home.
20. We finished the night with Dinner at Tylers Taproom and since it was pint night, we got to keep the glass. It has a gold rim on it and I felt pretty fancy. It was nice to eat outside and watch the sun set and relax from the drive home and just sit and enjoy one another. Not a fancy dinner out for our anniversary, but when you get a whole weekend together at the beach, fancy dinners aren’t needed. It was the perfect ending to our anniversary trip.
To sum it up... this trip was a long, beautiful, delicious, fun, tiring, hot, refreshing, wind-blown, sentimental and LOVE-filled weekend. I know not every anniversary may be this much of a vacation/celebration, but it sure was nice to have our first anniversary in the place where we got married and to spend time with my parents, who made the whole wedding possible. We are so fortunate to call Corolla our second home and are already looking forward to coming back in a few weeks with friends.
Cheers to year one and on to year two!!! :)
PS- tonight we are eating part of our wedding cake topper and writing in our anniversary book. The Keller celebration continues. :)
I LOVE YOU ADAM! SO HAPPY TO CALL YOU HUSBAND FOR THE PAST YEAR!




























No comments:
Post a Comment