Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Thankful for Apex

Living in Apex has proved to be BETTER than I could ever imagine.  Our neighborhood, the restaurants, the surroundings, the shopping, the food (Trader Joes), the projects, it has all just seemed better since being in a new place.  I am not sure if these things have made Apex better, or if being in Apex has made these things seem better, but it has been a BLAST to explore our new town.  Apex is known as ‘The Peak of Good Living” and this, I believe with my whole heart. :) 

We have walked down the street to enjoy a saturday night with neighbors, gone to dinner in Apex with neighbors, seen neighbors outside and chatted, and we have a Blossom Bay PUB CRAWL at the end of the month. HOW AWESOME IS THAT?! We are SO in.  Having neighbors be so friendly and having people out in the neighborhood all the time has made it SO welcoming.  We are excited to hang out with everyone and get to know each family more deeply.  We are fortunate to have people in the same life-stage as us and to learn from them as they learn from us... a true community.
Flight Night at Tylers Taproom
The restaurants we have tried have been mostly locally owned and just delicious.  We went to Daniels restaurant with the Vaughans one night, Friday night Date night at Anna’s Pizzeria one night, and Tylers Taproom a few nights with the Harris’.  There are so many new places to try and now that the down payment is past us, we are blessed to be able to try new places and have more nights out again! Hooray!! The scrimping was worth it to get us to this place, but I am SO glad it is over! 

One of my favorite parts about living in Ellington Place is that the Park is across the street from us.  I have LOVED running through the park, playing tennis with Adam and just enjoying the beauty that it holds.  It helps that the weather has been warm and the sun shining and the lake just exudes beautiful nature.  The birds, the trees, the turtles, the flowers, I LOVE IT and we are so blessed to be so near.  Being in nature has always been a way for me to feel closer to the Lord, a tangible way to see his beauty and his majesty.  A way for me to take the “me” out of my life and see life from a larger perspective.  Much needed in this high-stress productive world we live in.  See pictures for a small glimpse of the Lord’s beauty in this park.   


Turtles!
Farmers Market!
We visited the Farmers Market in Raleigh one saturday morning and we found some goodies for our cooking fest that next week.  From delicious La Farm Grain bread, to purple asparagus, to orange-lime-lemonade, we had a blast.  Why hadn’t we done this more before? Definitely more trips to come!

Our goodies!
  

The armoire my mom and I painted. 


I had been looking for an armoire for weeks, and this one was redone from a solid white armoire I found at Goodwill.  We painted it and painted it and painted it (took a lot of paint) and then added the fixtures and WHALA! It looks all new and dressy and matches our bedding perfectly. I was so happy to get it upstairs and put our clothes inside.



One day after work, Adam and I went to Knights Play and hit a few balls on the range.  Well, I hit maybe 10... Adam hit the rest.  I was videographer and showing him his swing after he hit them.  I give good lessons, and took some good pictures too. :) Adam is so good at golf. I LOVE it.

This book is incredible and READ it if you get a chance.  I finished it in one day flat and cried my whole way through it.  I promise it is worth the emotions to see this story about cancer and teenagers and what love can make you do.  :)

There is a horse farm next door to our neighborhood and seeing the horses makes me feel like Apex is a true TOWN.  Not a city and not a road.  A cute town with character. heyyyyyy horsies!!!

I had the opportunity to visit this precious Antique Store only open on Saturdays with Ash and Jo.  There wasn’t much there that we wanted, but the grandmother that has owned it for like 30 years was cute as a button and she loved this place and loved to talk.  We’ll visit again soon, sweet lady. 

The neighborhood welcome service came by and gave us coupons, magazines, and goodies from local Apex organizations.  It was neat to learn about the history and the new things happening in Apex and get some hints about the best garages, grocery stores, shoppes, and food.  



Adam and I took a lazy sunday morning one morning and did just that... LAZE.  We made breakfast, read, played games, watched TV, and stayed in our pjs for a good part of the day. We did clean eventually, but it was SO nice to not have an agenda and just do nothing and enjoy each other.  Here’s to lazy days.  Have you had a lazy day recently? The requirement is that you CANT feel bad about it.  NO “i should have done this or completed this task... just take a Sabbath sunday and feel good that you don’t have to be productive to be in the Lord’s will.” And take it from me, it felt GOOD. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment