That night, we went to dinner with the Kellers at Firebirds and celebrated with them! We rarely have time just the four of us, so the two Keller families ate and talked and laughed and just enjoyed each others company. We come from GREAT families. I love spending time with them. Janet and Rick love telling stories about Adam when he was younger, so I got a good deal of stories in that night. Adam was just beaming with the tales of how he won matches when he was so much younger than his opponent... yeah, he's pretty good. :)
Adam and I did a taste testing on the saturday after his birthday at Total Wine and fell in love with this cabernet. It was the #1 wine at Total Wine and its a red that you don't even need to let air out or decant. It is good right from the bottle and it was only $25! We brought it to dinner the next night with the Stinsons at 518 West and celebrated Adams 26th birthday! It was a delicious compliment to our Italian dishes and was fun to bring our own wine in and have it special.
Adam,
You are a man of your word and a man of great strength. You seem to just hold me up when I am emotional and spontaneous and random... you are truly my rock and my steadfast and I don't think I tell you how much that means to me. Because I am so all over the place multi-tasking and doing and completing and being efficient, it is so nice to be with someone who is always content in the moment and who can help me relax and be at peace, and not feel under pressure. for that...thank you Adam. I still have a lot to learn from you.
I really admire how you work so diligently and without complaint. You work such long hours some days in the scorching sun and you come home and it doesn't seem to affect you. You may be tired, but you never once complain about your work or your hours. I apreciate that about you.
I really love the way your play with your nieces and nephews. Seeing Kenny and Austin jump on you and want your attention and seeing the way you look at Riley makes my heart melt. It makes me proud to know that you will father my children. You will love them with all your heart, and I know nothing will stand in your way. When that time comes, I will be so joyous. You will be a wonderful father.
I love that when you has something to say, people listen. You aren't one to babble and chat and waste your time on nonsense talking. You say important and insightful comments, and others know that. They quiet down and listen when you speak up, because they know it will be important. I love that about you. I need to pipe down more and let you speak so I can hear more of your wisdom as well. Something to work on. :)
I am so blessed to be a part of Adam's life now. Even though in years 1-24 I am still catching up on memories and history, I am excited about our next 26 years and more together. My husband, I am in love with you. Celebrating you is celebrating who you are, who you've impacted, and what you've become and accomplished. Celebrating you is an outpouring of the Lord's blessing in your life. Celebrating you is easy because you are so wonderful. I love celebrating you. Let's not wait another year to do this again. :)


No comments:
Post a Comment