Saturday, October 1, 2011

Thankful for writing letters (9/16/11)


At PSS, we keep in touch with our clients throughout their pregnancy until the baby is born.  However, it can be frustrating keeping in touch with these girls.  Because of their financial situations, their phones get disconnected and they don't use email, etc.  So, I resorted to the old fashioned letter-writing this time.  I sat down and just wrote out scripture and encouragement and told them I was praying for them and that they always have us if they have concerns or questions or anything.  It was a really sweet moment dropping the letters in the mail on my way out.  Who knows if they have moved since I saw them, or if they even care to be contacted by me anymore, but I pray the letters find them.  I pray the letters bring comfort to their situations.  I pray they are healthy and they are loving their new infants and that life is a little easier for them.  Life with a new infant is stressful and most of these girls start with a lengthy history and social situation.  I pray that they are opened up to the Lord's generosity and love.  I pray that this letter is a small reminder that someone loves them even more and even better than I, but that if that doesnt even resonate, that they know I care about them and want the best for them.  For some, that is a rarity for them to hear.  My heart crumbles when I hear some of their stories, and I just want to pour out all that I can for them and into them.  The Lord is good. The Lord is Almighty and can conquer those insecurities and stresses.  I pray the girls feel a little lighter today.  I pray they know the Lord. and know Him deeply.

No comments:

Post a Comment