Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Grace found in the fall-October 1, 2011

The fall. One of my favorite times of the year... to sit and read and crunch on leaves and sip tea and have pumpkin in everything and to start using our fireplace. It really is a cozy time filled with sunshine and the cool, brisk days where a sweater and a vest and boots will do just fine.  This fall, I started reading J.D.'s new book about the Gospel.  Yes, the Gospel is the good news about who Jesus is, and JD explains more about how revolutionary it is when we understand the power of it all.  If we really knew just how much the Lord loves us and how much he has ALREADY done for us, it would change our lives. It is revolutionary.  It makes me think of the Bethany Dillon song- Revolutionaries: 
Many have traveled this road before
I see their tracks in the dirt
But maybe I don’t agree
With where they are leading
And who am I, just a youth
But why has that become the excuse
A monotone voice
In my head saying

Dreaming all the time
It’s so foolish
Your flood of empty words
Will drown you in ruin
So we listen
Should we listen.

Just thinking that there is nothing I can do to make God love me more and nothing I can do to make God love me less... this is truly a miracle and an unconditional love like no others on earth.  God has sent his son so that we can be redeemed and seen as perfect when we are so far from perfection. A true blessing. I don't contemplate it enough, but I know when my daily life is seen in this aspect, that I am a new person.  Life seems to have less weight and less push to do more, see more, strive and dream for more.  Life seems to be calm and be in the Lord's hands for Him to guide me in the way I should go.  Life makes sense only in light of the Lord and there I am free to dream and live and be who He made me to be. 

 clever title, JD.



In re-learning all of this and seeing the power of the Lord, it has also helped my marriage.  I think when I have always dreamed of getting married and what life would look like, how different it is once the BIG DAY is over.  Marriage is a continual process of grace and joy and thanksgiving... hence, the title of the blog.  In marriage, our sins are reveled in full strength and we get a glimpse of our own selfishness and warped heart.  It is only through a daily renewal of my mind that I can see clearly how I need to both respect and love Adam more.  It takes grace to forgive him when I feel hurt and unloved and also for me to ask forgiveness when I don't respect him as I should.  More to come on marriage later, but simple things such as Adam bringing me home flowers and me fixing him dinner after a long day of work can make a big difference.  Selfless acts for each other are important as we strive to love each other well.  

Fresh lilies to brighten up our house, love from the husband. 
Steak and rice and broccoli... a dinner for a MAN. its all about
love
this night and not about my own preferences.

No comments:

Post a Comment